Thursday, February 28, 2008

More Abdullah Ariff's Works Coming Home?

I have just been contacted by another owner of Abdullah Ariff's works entitled Storm. Received the email below from a reader named Jim in the United Kingdom. Unfortunately, he must have misspelt his email because the reply bounced as the mail daemon informed me.


Hi,
I have got a picture by this artist called the storm signed and dated 1956
Please, where would be the best place to sell this. Can you help please. Thanks
Jim


Are there more Abdullah Ariff out there and is our National Art Gallery interested in acquiring them? These are national treasures and I am amazed no one from the gallery has contacted me so that I could forward the owner' addresses. Are we waiting for these works to be lost forever?
Picture right: Thumbnails of some of Ariff's works.







No comments: